Best SEO Plugins For WordPress and Tools
WordPress is one of the most widely used CMS across the globe.
Simplicity, Flexibility, and Extendibility are some of the top features of WordPress that makes it the #1 choice for everyone.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, a process of optimizing your site so that it can rank in search engine result pages (SERP).
There is a lot of stuff that is included in SEO like on-page SEO, off-page SEO, Technical SEO, etc.
To make your job easy, there are a hell lot of WordPress SEO plugins and tools available.
But all you need to find some of the best seo plugins for wordpress and tools for you.
So, let’s get started.
Best WordPress SEO Plugins (On-page)
The most important role of SEO plugins is to let you enter the SEO Title and Meta Description for your content.
Both (Meta Title and Meta description) are important to tell the search engine what your post is all about and help you to rank your post in the Google SERP.
Let’s explore two of the best SEO plugins for WordPress.
Yoast SEO is the #1 best SEO plugins for wordpress.
It is one of the most downloaded SEO plugins with over 135 million downloads and 4.9 stars ratings.
To perform SEO analysis, all you need to install the Yoast SEO plugin and you can edit snippet in one click.
Moreover, you can see real-time Google preview (Mobile result and Desktop result) along with SEO analysis results.
It will help you with
- Keyword Optimization
- Tell Google exactly what your page is about that results in faster indexing
- No outdated content
- Preview of your page
- Readability check
- Full control over your breadcrumbs
- No duplicate content
- Block editor and classic editor compatibility
- Technical stuff in the background
- Internal linking suggestions
- Content insights
- Redirect manager
- Focus keyword export
Pricing: Free & Paid
Yoast SEO offers a free version along with a premium version also.
For a beginner, Yoast SEO free version will work like a charm. Those who are looking for some advanced features can go with a premium version that will cost you $89 for 1 site including 1 year free updates and support.
Rank Math SEO
This is comparatively a new Free seo plugins for wordpress. But it has also gained huge popularity in recent days.
It will help you to write SEO-friendly content that ultimately leads to higher rankings.
Its step by step installation and configuration wizard will make your job much easy by setting up your site’s SEO itself.
Some of the best features of Rank Math SEO are
- SEO Analysis
- Advanced SEO Optimization
- 5 Keyword Optimization
- Rich Snippets
- XML Sitemaps
- AMP SEO
- Breadcrumb Navigation
- 404 Monitor
- Redirection Manager
- Google Search Console Integration
- External/Internal Link Counter
- OpenGraph Mark-Up
- Local SEO
- Role Manager
- Advanced WooCommerce SEO, and much more
It’s a completely free plugin as of now.
All you need to install this plugin by following their step by step wizard and all the default setting will be done automatically.
It’s a clean and simple user interface will allow you to write SEO friendly Title and Meta description with ease.
Best SEO Tools (Complete Package)
Coming up with content ideas, keyword research, competitors analysis, backlink analysis, rank tracking, and many more tasks are involved to shine in SERP.
To outrank your competitors you have to perform all these tasks and that is why you need some SEO tools that make your job easier.
Here are the top SEO tools used by digital marketers all over the world.
SEMrush is the most popular all-in-one marketing toolkit for bloggers and digital marketers.
5 million users, 18 billion keywords, 140 geodatabases, and 730 million domains, SEMrush is one of the most reliable SEO Tools.
Whether you want to –
- Do SEO of your site
- Improve PPC strategies
- Build effective social media strategy
- Create content that drives excellent marketing results, and
- Market Research
Everything is included in the SEMrush.
Keyword Magic Tool, Position Tracking, Site Audit, are some of the best tools included within SEMrush.
Apart from their 7-day free trial, there are 3 paid plans starting from $99.95/mo.
- Pro ($99.95/mo): This plan is for 1 user with 3 projects and 500 keywords to track.
- Guru ($199.95/mo): This plan is for 1 user with 15 projects and 1500 keywords to track.
- Business ($399/mo): This plan is for 1 user with 25 projects and 5000 keywords to track.
Grab a plan based on your requirements now.
Ahrefs is another all-in-one SEO toolset that will help you to rank higher and get traffic even if you are a beginner.
This tool will help you with –
Site Audit: Optimize your website
Site Explorer: Analyze your competitors
Keywords Explorer: Study what your customers are searching for
Content Explorer: Learn from your industry’s top-performing content
Rank Tracker: Track your ranking progress
7 Days trial (Lite and Standard plan) is available for $7.
Apart from their trial, four paid plans are available.
- Lite ($99/mo): This plan is for 1 user with 5 projects and 500 tracked keywords.
- Standard ($179/mo): This plan is for 1 user with 10 projects and 1500 tracked keywords.
- Advanced ($399/mo): This plan is for 3 users with 25 projects and 5000 tracked keywords.
- Agency ($999/mo): This plan is for 5 users with 100 projects and 10000 tracked keywords.
So grab a plan that suits your needs.
Monitoring Tools (Indexing and Traffic Analysis)
Traffic analysis is a must to track how much traffic you are getting, what are the top content, keywords, and all.
Here are two must-have tools to monitor your site traffic.
Google Search Console
Once you start a blog, setting up Google Search Console is a must to track all the activities on your site.
It will help you with
- Site Traffic Overview
- URL inspection
- Indexing, and many more.
Here are some steps you need to follow to set up an account on Google Search Console.
- Open Google Search Console
- Add Property (Your Domain Name)
- Copy the TXT record
- Open cPanel
- Navigate to Domain Section
- Click Manage
- Modify the Zone
- Add Record – Name (Your domain name), Type (txt), and Record (verification code)
- Click VERIFY in GSC
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is another tool from Google that helps you to track your website traffic in real-time with advanced reporting.
Different Reports included in the Google Analytics
- Real-time Traffic
So, if you want to track your site traffic with advanced reporting then you should set up a Google Analytics account for your site.
6. Keyword Research Tool
On-page is more about optimizing your content for the right keywords and to find out the right keywords you need some tools.
These are the tools that show you some important metrics like Volume, Keyword Difficulty, Related Keywords, etc.
If you are looking for free keyword research tools then below mentioned two tools are for you.
- Google Keyword Planner
This is a completely free keyword research tool from Google itself.
All you need to create an account on Google Ads and Select Keyword Planner under Tool & Setting.
Here, you will see two options
- Discover new keywords
- Get search volume and forecast
Select the first option to discover the new keywords either by entering the keyword or a domain name.
And select the second option to check avg. monthly searches, competition, CTR, CPC, etc.
There is another popular tool for keyword research.
You can find keyword suggestions for Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, eBay, Play Store, Instagram, and Twitter.
All you need to enter the keyword and search. It will show you all the related keywords along with Search Volume, Trend, CPC, and Completion. Even, you can filter the data based on the Questions and prepositions as well.
Moreover, you can analyze your competitors’ data and bulk search volume data.
Pricing: Free and Paid
In the Free plan, you can only find out keyword suggestions.
Apart from their free plan, you can opt for any paid plan from the 3 plans.
- Pro Basic ($69): In this plan, 1 user account is allowed to search volume data, Competitor Keyword Analysis, and 7000 keywords/day bulk search analysis volume data.
- Pro Plus ($79): In this plan, 5 user accounts are allowed to search volume data, cost-per-click data, Google ads competition data, Competitor Keyword Analysis, and 35000 keywords/day bulk search analysis volume data.
- Pro Business ($159): In this plan, 10 user accounts are allowed to search volume data, cost-per-click data, Google ads competition, data Competitor Keyword Analysis, and 70000 keywords/day bulk search analysis volume data.
So start finding keyword suggestions for free or opt for a paid plan.
Website Speed Optimization
This is one of the best premium plugins for your WordPress site speed optimization.
Your site speed comes under the technical SEO category and one should focus on its website speed for overall great user experience and SEO perspective.
- Quick Setup
- Page Caching
- Cache Preloading
- Sitemap Preloading
- GZIP Compression
- Browser Caching
- Database Optimization
- Google Fonts Optimization
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources
- Minification / Concatenation
- Defer JS Loading
- Cloudflare Compatibility
- DNS Prefetching
- Mobile Detection
- Multisite Compatibility
- eCommerce Friendly
- Multilingual Compatibility
- Connected Users
- Developer Friendly
- Single ($49): This plan is for 1 website with free support and updates for 1 year.
- Plus ($99): This plan is for 3 websites with free support and updates for 1 year.
- Infinite ($249): This plan is for unlimited websites with free support and updates for 1 year.
So, get WP Rocket now and skyrocket your site.
W3 Total Cache
This is one of the best free caching plugins.
It has over 1 million active installations. W3 Total cache uses the latest best practices and leverage content delivery network (CDN) to deliver high-class performance.
- Improved Search engine rankings
- 10x site performance
- Browser caching
- Reduced page load time
- Improved web server performance
So, install W3 total cache for free now and feel the difference.
This is all related to the best WordPress SEO plugins and tools.
I have shared some of the best SEO plugins which helps you with on-page SEO and SEO tools that will help you with keyword research, competitor analysis, backlinks analysis, site audit, etc.
Moreover, I have also shared some tools used specifically for keyword research along with website monitoring tools and speed optimization plugins.
A blog post starts with finding the right keywords which is part of on-page SEO followed by promotions which is a part of off-page SEO.
Your website speed is also a crucial part of overall user experience which is part of technical SEO.
So, start taking advantage of WordPress SEO plugins and tools and take your site to the next level.